Kosher Style Records has been chosen by Rick Recht of Jewish Rock Radio to produce the first album of tracks by winners of the Jewish Star North American talent search.
According to Jewish Rock Radio, the Jewish Star North American talent search is a new competition designed to identify emerging talent in the Jewish community who have a passion and desire to impact the Jewish world.
A panel of international celebrity music artists judged the applications to select the winners based on their vocal, instrumental, overall performance skills, and passion for impacting the Jewish world, and then public voting was open for the top 12 finalists. After 17,000 votes, seven Jewish Star Grand Prize winners were chosen.
The winners are:
- Ellie Fern (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Andrew Goldstein (McKinney, TX)
- Lucy Greenbaum (St. Louis, MO)
- Noah Levine (Austin, TX)
- Marc Luban (Chicago, IL)
- Kenneth Lyonswright (Chicago, IL)
- Ian Simpson (Holden, MA)
These winners will receive the following prizes:
- Private mentorship from an internationally recognized Jewish celebrity recording artist.
- A professional studio recording session with Kosher Style Records to record an original composition or a cover song from a pre-approved list of Jewish music artists.
- North American exposure highlighting winner artists on an exclusive Jewish Rock Radio show broadcasting the songs recorded by prize winners.
- A full scholarship to attend the 2019 Songleader Bootcamp National Conference (SLBC) for immersive coaching and skills training. Prize winners will also be featured and perform live at SLBC.